Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tossed Salad with Blush Wine Vinaigrette, Cherry Tomatoes, and Avocado


I don't know if I talk much on here about how lazy I am - but in a moment of full self disclosure  I told my then boyfriend (now husband) that I can be remarkably lazy. We were sitting on the couch watching a movie, and he rolled his head over to look at me and with a totally straight face said "Oh honey, I can out lazy you any day." 

While I can be remarkably lazy in many ways, cooking is something I think people should enjoy. And sometimes, that means enjoying it because it was easy. Let me tell you, salads are easy. Well, they can be. I've encountered some pretty complex, finicky salads and thought "Wow, it just exhausts me looking at this!" However, this particular salad is packed with yummy goodness and full flavor with little fuss. It's pretty light but not so much so that you feel like you're eating air. I had this and Browned Butter Gnocchi for lunch today so I could clear out leftovers from some other food experiments. 

Enjoy!


Ingredients:

1 Head lettuce, chopped (I use Boston or Butter lettuce) 
Blush Wine Vinaigrette Dressing (make your own if you'd like, but I used Briannas and loved it) 

1 avocado, diced
~ 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
Blue Cheese crumbles or Shredded parmesan, for garnish 


Directions: (Watch out - this is the tough part!!!)

Toss Lettuce and dressing in large bowl, top with everything else. Serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment