Friday, June 14, 2013

Music From Heaven to a Deaf Man

I threw myself into cooking this week. I had avoided baking as I was trying to eat veggies, lean meats, and legumes mostly - but after a midweek 'meltdown' I spent two hours at the grocery store, basking in the glorious variety of foods that contain sugar, carbs, and starches. I toted home makings for sushi for a 'how to' night I'm hosting tonight, and a whole list of foods I had been itching to try or play with. Gnocchi with gorgonzola cream sauce, broccoli with pan seared steak, cherry almond scones with spiced cream tea, triple chocolate brownies, panna cotta with chocolate ganache, pumpkin soup, and Thai inspired spicy chicken soup with lime were just a few things that budded forth in my creative wake this week. 

For whatever reason cooking really helps me sort through stress. Perhaps it’s the act of creating something, enjoying good food, and feeling the sense of accomplishment when viewing a clean kitchen. Either way, it was music from heaven to a deaf man, paints from God to da Vinci, and literally, food for my soul from the earth.

Also, I've decided to add a new section of my blog - Reviews. I've been thinking about it for a while now and it's time I bit the bullet and did it. I love food, I love talking about, and I love just about everything about it. So keep your eyes posted from some up and coming food reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment