Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Featured here is a variety mix of potatoes. The purple things you see are indeed potatoes. Delicious ones I would add. 


Here is a confession - I had never made these before I served them to my Easter Dinner guests. And I didn't taste them before I served them. There! I said it!

Generally speaking, I try all sorts of crazy concoctions in the kitchen. I do not however feed first time passes to guests. This was an exception as I had made things very similar to this before and was confident (perhaps overly so) that it wasn't a big deal. I was nevertheless thrilled that it worked.

Also, I must confess that I'm even more tickled it worked because after I tossed the taters in the seasoned coating, I tasted it and freaked out about how salty it was. My rational for continuing was "They need to start cooking now if they're going to be ready. A bunch of this will fall off or cook out (fingers crossed). And - potatoes can be a black hole for salt - right?!" True enough, all three things happened, and these turned out to be perfectly seasoned, have a lightly crunchy outside, and tenderly delicious inside.

And thus I give you - Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Parmesan Garlic Seasoning


Ingredients:

1 lb fingerling potatoes, washed

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 Tablespoon garlic salt   (see why I freaked out when I tasted it!?)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan (use the bottled green kind, it works best)
2 tablespoons dry parsley OR 3 Tablespoons fresh

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 400º

In a medium pot, fill with enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil on medium high and boil for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, microwave butter until melted (or heat in small sauce pan). Once melted, add remaining ingredients (garlic salt/powder, parm, and parsley) and stir.
Once potatoes have finished the par-boil, drain, and toss with the butter mixture until all potatoes are evenly coated.
Place on baking sheet or pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Allow to cool 4-6 minutes before serving.



Short Hand:
Par-boil potatoes 10 mins. Add seasoning to melted butted and toss with potatoes. Bake 30-40 mins @400º.


No comments:

Post a Comment