Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chocolate Raspberry Trifle



This is something that was inspired during my time in California. I had a similar desert while living there and decided that I wanted to create my own version of it. I never really had a good name for it, so I'd just set it down and say something to the effect of "This is a raspberry, chocolate mousse, and brownie trifle." And ya know what? I've come to think that "Raspberry, Chocolate, and Brownie Trifle", or some variation thereof, sums it up okay. 

This is also a dish that is a personal favorite and something I consider one of my signature deserts. I love making it, I love eating it, and I love looking at it. It's beautiful, elegant, and extremely delicious.
Plus, if you cheat (like I usually do), and don't make it from scratch, it's SUPREMELY easy. 



Ingredients: 
1 batch Triple Chocolate Ghirardelli Brownies
1 bag Frozen Raspberries 
2 boxes/cups Chocolate Mousse (I used the boxed kind, look for it near the jello and pudding).

Directions:
Bake brownies, and make the mousse. When the brownies are cooled, crumble them into bite sized chunks. 
Layer brownie crumbles and mousse and frozen raspberries in small dishes, or large trifle bowl. Chill about 1-2 hours, until mousse is chilled and raspberries are defrosted. 

Fresh raspberries can be used, but pre-chill the mousse and brownies in advance, and server immediately after composing. 


Short hand:
Layer brownie crumbles, mousse, and frozen raspberries. Chill for 1-2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment