Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easter Dinner

Thanks for my wonderful friend Mandi, I have these beautiful pictures of our Easter Dinner. It was our first chance as a married couple to break out some inherited items - the china is from his maternal grandmother, and the napkins are from his paternal grandmother. The silver rimmed goblets you see are Venetian glass - yes, actual Venetian glass from Venice, Italy. After visiting Venice as part of a study abroad program, I hauled them all over Europe and back to the States. This was the first time I got to use them and I was thrilled!!  For those of you who don't know, I collect glass as a side hobby. Stamps may have been a less breakable, more boring option.

Back to dinner. Following is our menu - as the recipes become available I will post them, and link them.


Drinks:
Mint Limeade - Featured by Mandi V.
Martinelli's - Forrest insisted

Salad:
Strawberry, Walnut, and Spinach Salad

Main:
Spiral Cut Ham
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Rosemary and Garlic Rolls - Featuring Josh P.

Dessert:
Red Susan, featured here with Gluten-free brownies via Mandi.


Inside each Easter Egg is a little Marshmallow Peep!  




No tricks about the ham - it's store bought! 



Ham and Potatoes......mmmmmm. 



Strawberry Spinach Salad with Walnuts, tossed in a poppyseed dressing. 




These stole the show - roasted fingerling potatoes, tossed in a garlic parmesan  butter sauce. 




One of my favorite desserts - Red Susan is what I have dubbed it. 


Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. Now I'm craving dessert again. It's totally worth the calories. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment